“If you will use the logotype for helping people, feel free to use it.”
Student – Conversation Class
On October 20, millions of people will go purple for Spirit Day in a stand against bullying and to show their support for LGBTQ youth. Take a stand at http://www.glaad.org/spiritday.
“The panoply of Love”
From the October 20, 1923 issue of the Christian Science Sentinel
“Clad in the panoply of Love, human hatred cannot reach you,” writes Mrs. Eddy in “Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures” (p. 571). Panoply is defined in a dictionary as “a full suit of defensive armor …”
The Scriptures teach, and Christian Science demonstrates, that God, Love, is omnipotent; therefore, the defensive armor of divinity is equipped with power sufficient to meet every demand upon its resources. Human hatred, on the contrary, has never known God, has never shared the power of God; hence, human hatred is unable to act in opposition to God’s creation. All it can do in belief is to react upon the one fostering it, leading its possessor farther and farther from the divine blessedness. To fear the onslaughts of mortal malice is to place power where it can never reside, and also to fail to use the ever available defense. Correct reasoning leads to the revelation of Love as the Almighty, as the presence that not merely withstands the besetments of evil, but destroys them.
“The weapons of bigotry, ignorance, envy, fall before an honest heart,” Mrs. Eddy reassuringly states on page 464 of Science and Health. “Bigotry, ignorance, envy,” have incited much of the destructive hatred that darkens the history of mankind. Christian Science ushers in the new day by teaching and proving that divine Love is all-sufficient to replace human hatred with the perfect reflection of Love, a reflection securely panoplied in the perpetual, unassailable goodness of the creator.
- Note (Photo Below) – A student in my conversation class has his own business. He designs websites and logos for his clients. He is brilliant and has made a deep impression on me and in a very good way. He had a client who is in the business of protective services. Thus he was asked to design a logo for her. He presented over 40 logos and the one below was not chosen. But it is my favorite. Thus he gave it to me as long as I agreed to use it to help people. Thus I chose it for my blog because it reminds me of Mrs. Eddy’s quote: “Clad in the panoply of Love, human hatred cannot reach you.” I see the logo as a person with a protective layer (divine Love) surrounding them which is impenetrable.
- Perhaps it is a prayer of protection for all the LGBT youth who are considering suicide because of family and religious rejection.
- Perhaps it a prayer of protection for all the homeless LGBT youth who faced family rejection and were driven to utter destitution.
- Perhaps it is a prayer of protection for all those students of Christian Science who faced bigotry for being gay and were pushed out of the church or suffered in silence from antigay practitioners, teachers or any of those erroneous antigay articles posted on JSH Online.
- Perhaps it is protection for our community so that another massacre like Orlando doesn’t happen again.
- Special thanks to my student as we have an amazing class and I can’t believe I get paid for it. There was love there and it blessed us all last Saturday.